Saturday, March 5, 2011

Envy....

This beautiful treasury can be viewed on Etsy.  A pair of my Trifle earrings were included.

It is quite fortuitous that this treasury came my way today.  I have recently been doing a little study on the Seven Deadly Sins and the colors and symbols associated with them.

"Green with Envy" has to be the most widely known color association of all the Deadly Sins.

Envy is defined as:  A feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another.

I am blessedly one who is very rarely effected by envy.  I am so glad too.  Envy is one of those things that can just eat away at you, and really all you are doing is hurting yourself.  Does my envy make someone else less successful?  Does my envy for that fancy new car/house/dress/shoes suddenly make the object of my envy lose those things?  No.  All it does is eat away and cause bitterness.

But envy, she sure is a beautiful color! 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful treasury - I love the color of envy...congrats on having your earrings part of it.

    ReplyDelete