Well, here is the ring for RAW week 7.
I haven't attempted anything new metalsmithing wise in awhile. I must say that it is always a learning experience trying something new, and sometimes it is successful, and sometimes not.
I always like to start with the good.
1) This is a GORGEOUS marquis cut Labradorite, with a stunning blue flash that fades to turquoise on the bottom end.
2) I have been wanting to make silver flowers for awhile now, and I love how these turned out. They are a keeper for sure.
Now for the not so good.
1) This is a really thick cab. Too thick for me to use the fine silver bezel wire I have on hand. So, I made the bezel out of 26g sterling sheet because that is what I had on hand.
Well, live and learn, and I won't bore you with specifics, but I don't like it. The stone is a little loose. It has a bit of a rattle. I just don't like it. I should have used fine silver sheet, and made the bezel walls a smidge higher. So now I know that.
2) I hadn't ever used any embellishment sort of half on the bezel and half on the shank. I was a little worried about the soldering there, but really it came out ok. So now I know that.
3) I'm not sure about the overall design. Something isn't quite right. So, as a consequence, I'm going to wear it around for awhile before I deconstruct it and start over.