Monday, April 30, 2012



Well I spent last week stamping more Wagon Wheels and thinking about those great American Pioneers who loaded up their families in covered wagons and headed West.  I've read all of the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, but I'm really interested in the lives of the pioneers and would like to learn more.  I need to track down another book on the subject.  It's on the to do list!

Around this time of year when the weather starts turning hot, Hubby busts out the window coverings in the front of the house to keep the sun at bay.  This means I lose my photo taking spot.  Last week I set up in the garage with the door open, busted out the photo tent and took pictures in there.  I'm sure I am quite the spectacle, but at least I give the other housewives something to gawk at for an hour or so... ;-)

Before I got started I took a walk through the front garden to see if I could find some pretty props.  I found some little white blooming flowers, and this little copper colored wheel barrow from my daughter's fairy garden.  Isn't it cute?  I was pleasantly surprised how lovely the silver looks next to the copper!  I had fun with it, but I don't think it's going to be a permanent prop or anything.  What I really want is a good ol fashioned tumble weed.  We used to have them blowing on down the street back home all the time.  Now where is a good tumble weed when I want one?  Ha ha... it's too green here for tumble weeds. I'll have to check out the craft store and see if they sell such things.  I just want a little one....

My oldest leaves for a two night camp on Wednesday with her class.  She is alternately excited out of her mind and worried about the thought of sleeping away from home.  So far I'm not nervous at all.  She is sharing a cabin with her group of friends, their chaperone is a friend of mine and a nurse.  I know she's in good hands.  And growing up comes in baby steps, which is good for all of us.

I'm busy this week completing Mother's day orders, and in between I'm making some more leather bracelets with sterling sliders.  I'm having so much fun making bracelets. :-)

I hope you all have a fabulous week!  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like life is good! I love it when the "normals" get a peek of our strange crafty lives and the things we do for it!

    ReplyDelete