Friday, April 13, 2012

Slow and Steady...




On our recent trip to Nevada, we visited my Aunt and Uncle in Henderson.  They have had numerous turtles ever since I can remember.  They have this super cool enclosed area in their back yard where the turtles live, and they even have tunnels built in for them to go underground. 

What struck me most though were the empty shells of deceased turtles that my Uncle found in the desert.  The patterns in their shells have been on my mind since. 

The other day when I got my supply order in, I had all these little discs that I immediately saw turtle shells in.  As I was making them, I began to think of turtles and what they represent.  Of course the old story of the Tortoise and the Hare came to mind. 

Slow and Steady wins the race....so says the Tortoise.  I've always been impatient.  Slow is not really in my nature.  I like things fast.  Fast reader, fast eater, fast walker, fast, fast, fast.  When I can keep my impatience in check I find that I am more often than not rewarded for my waiting.   Sometimes I need a reminder.  To take my time.  To take things slow and steady.  Just like my friends the turtles.  :-)  These are listed in my Etsy Shop.  

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Perfect and I like the story that goes along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really lovely! I like that you saw an image, but that it's not so straight forward- I would have never guessed by looking at them. Pieces with hidden images and meanings are so much more versatile. Love it!

    ReplyDelete