Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Inspiration found in the heart of the Wild West



Have I told you before that my paternal Grandfather was an artist?  He was a silversmith and also made several pieces like the Turquoise Steer above. 

I am Home in Northeast Nevada visiting my family and bonding with the bluest of skies and my beloved Ruby Mountains. 

The county is home to gold miners and ranchers. I find my mind turning to decorating the cowgirls in such a way that she would turn every cowboys head. 

I am soaking up inspiration here in the heart of the golden west...

2 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous piece! So it runs in the family then:) I hope you are enjoying yourself, it's always great to get back to your roots to seek inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are going to come back to the bench with a vengence with all that inspiration!

    ReplyDelete