Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's snowing!


I'm sure everyone else in the DFW metroplex thinks I am crazy, but I kinda like all the snow. I grew up in a part of the country that had snow for a minimum of 4 months out of the year. Now that, I don't miss. But to be lucky enough to see snow twice so far in the past few months here in Texas has been wonderous. There is something about the way the snow blankets everything, and clings to the bare branches of the trees that makes me feel light and happy to be breathing in the cold air.

The streets are a slushy mess right now, and late tonight and tomorrow morning the roads will be treacherous with ice build up. I am anticipating there will be no school tomorrow. Luckily the snow for us is a rarity, so we can stand it for a few days.

My husband is in sunny LA right now where the temperature is about 70 degrees. He is due to fly home tonight, I hope the airport will be open!

No comments:

Post a Comment