Sunday, August 2, 2009

Amala Earrings



These lovely earrings were the result of many hours of wrapping fine wire and Peridot beads. I had originally wanted to make a pair of earrings featuring Peridot since it is the birthstone for August.

I posted these to Etsy on Friday the 31st. They sold out within 3 hours! So much for having something for August! :)

I have been drawn lately to the tear drop shape as well as wire wrapping. As I began designing these, they began to take on an exotic feel, and reminded me of India. So, the Amala earrings were born. Amala means clean and pure in Hindi. A beautiful name for a beautiful pair of earrings.

I am tempted to make another pair. What do you think?

Also, notice my latest photo prop. A gorgeous starfish I purchased while on vacation at Orange Beach, AL. I am already getting the sense that summer is drawing to a close and Fall is just around the corner. I am hoping to use the starfish for a little bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment