Friday, May 6, 2011

Blue Savannah...

The video is a bit distracting I must admit...but the song itself is one of my very favorites.

I have long loved Erasure, and this particular song has special meaning for me.

18 years ago, while "racing 'cross the desert, at a (nearly) 100 miles an hour...." this song played on repeat as I drove across an Arizona desert. 

Except in that case I was racing to a new home in Texas, and away from the only home I had ever known.

Filled with anticipation, and wanting to live and experience something new, I was excited and scared all at the same time to begin a new life...

But nostalgia always creeps in and brings with it home sickness....even so shortly after just leaving Nevada I was home sick as I raced across that desert, and Blue Savannah imprinted onto my heart and soul and will forever for me be a tribute to my feelings for my home.

I have been particularly homesick since hearing of my cousin Anna's passing.  And Blue Savannah has been on repeat in my brain for the past 4 days.

I even made a leather pattern that I named Savannah...

"my home is where the heart is" and today my heart is in Elko.....

I wish I were there where all my family has gathered to say goodbye to Anna.
I am with you all in heart and mind today.....

No comments:

Post a Comment