Friday, January 28, 2011

RAW52-4




On Wednesday evening I realized that I hadn't even started a ring this week for RAW.  I knew I didn't have a lot of time to pull one together, and just started working with things that were lying around on my bench.

The stamped concho was left abandoned on my bench after it's mate didn't make the cut.  (Once upon a time it was meant to be an earring!)

And this little rectangular cab of turquoise was the first cab I saw when I opened my drawer.

The turquoise hails from my home state of Nevada.  Mined near Tonopah.  I have named this ring "Home Means Nevada"

It's actually a song you know.   Our state song.  Home means Nevada, home means the hills... home means the sage and the pines....there in the heart of the Golden West....Home means Nevada to me!

So here is my little tribute to Nevada.  I'll be listing it in my shop shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment