Thursday, February 16, 2012

Crocus Earrings


More Amethyst!  These cabs I had the pleasure of hand picking.  I think I've told you before how much I love the very dark Amethyst, and boy are these ever dark purple!  I had a devil of a time capturing the fact that they are indeed purple.










 I decided to make these post earrings.  Beginning with that fabulous pop of purple and ending in a tail that reminds me a bit of the tail on a kite, not that I look at them...



 Here you can see the purple in the cabs pretty well...




 Each little square has been lightly textured on both sides and domed.  Attached are faceted Amethyst and hand cut peridot beads. 

I am so ready for Spring.  A sure fire sign that Spring is near is when the Crocus blooms in all it's purple and green glory. 




Available in my online shop!  http://amynicole.bigcartel.com/product/amethyst-peridot-and-sterling-silver-post-earrings


2 comments:

  1. Love these earrings! Wish I could get the chance to hand pick some cabs :(

    ReplyDelete