Friday, September 14, 2012

WIP


Yes indeedy I am working!  The above is a work in progress shot.  It looks huge right?  It's the backside of a ring I'm working on.  I haven't had the urge to sit down and really work on some masterpieces until yesterday. 

I call them masterpieces, but really they are just the pieces that have more work involved in building them.  More pieces, more stamping, more sawing, hammering and forming.  Bigger stones. 

I have a stone hoard like I just can't believe.  So many beautiful stones.  I am making a concentrated effort to build them homes and present them to the world. 

I find that I can really only work on two pieces at a time.  I work on one, usually until it needs to go to the pickle pot.  And then start in on the other.  Back and forth until they are both complete.  I am always in awe of artists who can kick out multiple gorgeous designs in a weeks time. 

Anywho, I am working with a gorgeous Tiffany Stone which will become a ring, and another gorgeous stone Agua Nueva Agate that will be a necklace with a beaded Garnet chain.   The colors in each call to mind Fall. 

I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment