Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sort of random...

Hi all!  It's been awhile since I last blogged.  As it tends to do, life has thrown me for a little loop.  I've been dealing with a bit of a health issue, which seems to be under control for the time being.  That being said, it has definitely thrown me for a loop mentally.  As a result, I have been quiet online and haven't been working as much.


I did finish this for a custom order.  Solid sterling silver beaded chain.  LOVE this chain.  It is pricey to make and time consuming, but the result is so worth it.  I go through periods of wanting to wire wrap things, and I am in one of those moods now.   If any of my current projects ever get completed, you'll see that I am hooked!

I sometimes see this type of chain called a rosary chain.  As a cradle Catholic, albeit a practically non practicing one I do find it a little sacrilegious to call something a rosary that isn't.  I feel the same way when I see people wearing what I consider a rosary as a necklace.  I guess I'm just old fashioned that way.  I do think that an all sterling rosary with an antique Crucifix would be stunning, and maybe one day I'll make one. 


I saw this the other day while walking the girls to school.  Nature's design.  There was something about it that just drew me in.  The concentric circles, and the way the leaves fell into the grooves.  There is also something reminiscent of my favorite wagon wheel designs. 

I used to think that maybe circles were too plain and sort of a cop out as a favorite shape, but circles are for sure my favorite shape.  I'm just not going to fight it anymore.



This is a picture of a variety of pumpkin called Porcelain Pumpkins.  I'd never seen them before.  Some of them had a purpley blue hue to them.  Just beautiful!  And seeing pumpkins at Central Market means that Fall is here!!!  Well, almost anyway.  If we could just get out of temps in the 90's it would seem more like Fall.


The girls are doing really well in school.  I'm so lucky that they both love school.  Although we got the dreaded lice letter yesterday.  They each have a kid in their grade with lice.  Ugh. 

I am enjoying sort of a quiet lull work wise.  I have a feeling that it isn't going to last long though.  I need to get it in gear.   My Ruby Mountain Metal shop needs some attention.  I'd like to get some more items in there before the Stringing magazine comes out in December.  I don't know how many of my earwire designs will be featured in the article, but it would be nice to get some traffic in my shop from the publication.  I really need to get some ball end head pins in there,  and maybe some more clasp designs,  some jump rings.

I have quite a few designs on my bench right now.  I did some cleaning in my shop the other day and put all my half finished designs, and individual components I had made and never done anything with all together and just started piecing things together.   I had a fairly productive day yesterday and hope to keep the momentum going today.   Perhaps new items will start trickling into the shop tomorrow. 
I like to break up listing new stuff.   I get too bored sitting and taking pictures, editing and listing all day long. 

So, hopefully I'll see you tomorrow!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you've been dealing with that- yuk! Glad that you're back in action and feeling better though. Those are absolutely beautiful pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete