Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rejection...

It's really the first time in my life rejection has felt like relief. I got the email this morning that the big show I applied to has me on the waiting list. Which means that when someone they accepted right away doesn't pony up the $150 booth fee they'd love to have my money instead. ;-)

Had I gotten in, I was prepared to have to really put the pedal to the metal and come up with the best showing I could. But truth be told, I am sooooo glad not to have to get myself all stressed out. I guess I would feel different if I had a huge inventory of unsold stuff laying around, but I've not been very productive this past summer.

So now I only have the church show to prepare for, and I already know exactly what I want to make for that. So, off to it then!

2 comments:

  1. I've done that before - I applied for a show because I felt I ought to even though I was already feeling under pressure and then felt relieved when the show was cancelled due to snow!

    ReplyDelete