Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tomorrow is the big day!!!

I couldn't resist this shot of the carnelians glowing....have I told you all how much I LOVE carnelian? I'm completely gaga over them you know. I've even started adjusting the colors in my wardrobe to suit it...just so I can wear my carnelian gems...craziness. :)

So, as I alluded to in the title of this post, tomorrow is the big day! The girls go back to school, and my youngest starts kindergarten! I thought I would be thrilled, and ready to do the happy dance (which a part of me still is). But my little one is nervous...I can tell. I know she's going to be just fine, but it's hard to see them growing up. To see the painful moments. Growing up was bad enough the first time. Now I have to go through it with my kids? Dang.. and how come no one told me about all this when they were itty bitty and soft and cute and cuddly. That I would feel my own heart wrenching along with theirs at times? The worst part is, I am just at the beginning. We have miles to go folks.... Luckily all the happy and wonderful moments outweigh the bad in spades and that makes it all worth while.

This week is going to be hard. A lot of adjustments to our schedule. I'll have to actually go to bed at a decent hour. No more playing at my bench until midnight... I just keep telling myself that after we get past these first few weeks all will be good. My irritability levels are through the roof. I even annoy myself. The end is in sight. I just hope I make it....

1 comment: