Friday, May 7, 2010

Today is my one year Etsyversary!

I just noticed this morning that I first opened shop on Etsy on May 7, 2009. Wow. I can't believe it has already been a year!
When I started making jewelry again, I told my husband and myself, that I would do it for a year and evaluate whether I should continue.

It has been a year of ups and downs, and I feel like I've learned so much. I guess the good news is that I don't really feel the need to contemplate anything. I'm going forward. It feels good to know that the little niche I have begun to carve is good enough to justify continuing.

My youngest will be in kindergarten next year. Yay!!!! I am really looking forward to being able to establish a regular work schedule. The hardest part has been finding balance between work and real life. It is funny how working for yourself does that to you. I mean when you work, say an office job or something, you have regular hours, and when you're off, you're off. I work whenever real life allows, and the struggle with balance for me comes from the little things I see falling by the wayside. Like never being caught up on laundry. Or actually running out of bread, or milk, or sugar because I don't go to the grocery store anymore until I absolutely have to. I hope as I continue on I will be able to strike a better balance. We shall see...

Wish I had something new to show you, but I've been busy working on existing orders. I can't wait until say about the 2nd week in June when we can settle into summer and I can fill the long and lazy days by working on new designs....

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amy :) I like your work and the more you make the more I like it! Great job and keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Etsyversary & congratulations, Amy! It's wonderful to hear that you'll be continuing your shop - there's no question your work should be out there for people to continue to enjoy. Haha, I know what you mean about keeping up w/ real life stuff & I don't even have those existing orders to excuse my neglect! :D Luckily my dear husband has been able to pick up a good deal of the slack around here as I get used to just creating regularly again. Balance will certainly come for both of us - just in time for us to throw a wrench in w/ new ideas & projects. :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i find that there is a continuous soul searching and re-investigation of direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Amy! How awesome that you can continue to do something you love! :)

    ReplyDelete