Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Round Rabbit Extra, and other things....

Boring post without pictures alert********

I generally don't believe in keeping a good thing to myself, if someone else can benefit, I figure why not? I've been following a lovely artisan who sells under the name RoundRabbit on Etsy. She makes beautiful porcelain jewelry, and also has a supply shop as well called RoundRabbitExtra .

It is from this shop that I purchased a gorgeous turquoise colored porcelain cabochon that I plant to bezel set and make a pendant with. I also just happen to have some beads in the exact color of turquoise that will go beautifully with it. But I digress.

I've purchased items from many a seller on Etsy, some I've told you about, some not. Every once in a while I run across a seller or a product that I wouldn't buy again, but generally have been really pleased with my purchases. This particular purchase from RoundRabbitExtra really was a pleasant experience, and I am enthralled at the perfection of this porcelain cabochon. It is literally perfect. It totally appeals to my neurotic need for perfection that is so hard to achieve sometimes. I really hope I can do it justice when I go to set it.

At any rate, I hope you'll go check out RoundRabbit. I can honestly say I highly recommend her work.

I'm looking for any excuse to do something other than what I should be doing right now. The instructions for April's team challenge came in yesterday. Art Deco inspired wedding jewelry. I kinda had to laugh to myself when I saw it, because I was just thinking the other day that wedding jewelry is probably something I'll never do. And art deco? I'm not really very familiar with it. So, I did some research, and I'm really not sure I'll be participating in this challenge. Lots of faceted stones, platinum, diamonds. A little out of my league. I know, I know, if I were clever enough I could make sterling translate into art deco, but I just don't think I have the desire for it. I guess I'm afraid I'll end up dumping a bunch of money into something I'm not sure I can make well enough to get my money back out of. I don't know. We'll see. Right now I'm tired, and everything looks bleak when I'm tired!

My youngest is having a fashion show at school on Thursday morning. They are supposed to dress up as the letter people. She is "O". Now what in the heck am I going to make her for "O"? I think my creative well is just low right now. So far I have an orange shirt, that I plan on putting a big "O" on, but beyond that I'm stuck. I'm also not too thrilled they didn't give us more time to get an outfit together.

I should be filling orders, or ordering supplies, or doing something productive, but it's much easier to sit in front of the computer. There isn't even any interesting fights or calling outs going on. Things just haven't been the same since PussDaddy stopped blogging. So, I guess I'll go do what I'm supposed to be doing. I can't wait for the girls to go to bed, then I can curl up and finish my book.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks so much for the mention! I am thrilled that you are happy with your cab! I can't wait to see what you do with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shop...can't tell you how many porcelain and/or clay pieces I have purchased to bezel set and I have never received one that was flat. Thanks for the heads up. BTW...love the new earrings.

    ReplyDelete