Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ruby Mountain Beads turns verified at ArtFire!

Boring post without pictures. For those of you unfamiliar with ArtFire, it is a online handmade marketplace similar to Etsy. There is a battle between which is the preferred place to set up shop. They each have their advantages, and I honestly haven't invested enough time at ArtFire to form an opinion of my own yet.

I set up a basic account for both of my shops at ArtFire months ago. I've not had any sales over there, but also haven't put any time into promoting it. ArtFire's biggest draw for sellers is the no listing and no selling fees. They charge a flat rate of $ 12 a month. Etsy charges 20 cents to list an item, and charges something like 3.9% for each sale.

The way the system works at Etsy, is to keep yourself current, and hopefully get noticed, you have to constantly renew your items. 20 cents a pop. It doesn't seem like much, but believe me, it adds up. Don't get me wrong, I still love Etsy, and wouldn't even consider leaving there. I'm just looking for other avenues for my business, and I really feel like ArtFire is up and coming in the on-line handmade marketplace. I have a feeling it is still a few years out, but I'm kicking myself for not having discovered Etsy sooner. I don't want to make the same mistake again.

I'm sure ArtFire has some little tricks and ins and outs I need to learn, so it will be an adventure for sure!

So, you can now find my artisan findings, commercial beads, and a few jewelry pieces at ArtFire as well as Etsy. I have added the ArtFire kiosk to my blog at the right ->->->->->->

No comments:

Post a Comment