Monday, January 18, 2010

My first fully metalsmithed ring..

I have a million and one things to do after being gone all weekend at my beginning metalsmithing class. I want to tell all about it, I just don't have the time right now. That, and I'm trying to absorb everything. All I can say is that our instructor turned everything I ever thought I knew about metalsmithing on it's ear.

So, very quickly, I took a couple of photos of my masterpiece.


The stone is.....Carnelian. Surprise, surprise. I am so drawn to carnelian these days, I just can't seem to get away from it, so I will enjoy it until the next stone obsession comes along.

This ring is big. And pretty heavy. I feel it weighing my hand down as I type. I suspect the weight will take some getting used to since I don't usually wear big rings. But I am so proud. I learned so much. I have even more to contemplate. More soon.

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!! SO much prettier than my first fully metalsmithed ring (YIKES, that one ugly little critter.) I'm so happy you are proud of yourself! You totally should be- that things rocks (pun intended.) Keep going!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! I hope I have many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beautiful for your first ring! I would love to take some metalsmithing classes, it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete