Monday, November 23, 2009

My new rock collection

I went to a bead show yesterday in Ft. Worth. I bought some supplies like lobster clasps, and the itty bitty sterling round beads that I love so much, a couple of new metal stamps.

But what I really went for was to begin my rock collection. There was only one seller there from Missouri with cabochons. I spent an hour and a half at their table trying to make up my mind. I've never seen so many gorgeous stones in one place before.

I'm going to be sharing my rock collection with you a snippet at a time. I'm supposed to be cleaning house right now, but I just have to share this beauty with you. The picture doesn't really do it justice. I have a couple of ideas already of what I want to do with it.

Meet Orange Chalcedony. I am so in love with this stone. I always used to roll my eyes when I heard someone say that an inanimate object "spoke" to them. I can't explain it. All of the stones I picked "spoke" to me in a way. There is something about each of them that drew me in and I got lost in their beauty. I am head over heels for this stone. I'm not sure I will be able to let it go. I think I may make myself a glorious pendant out of this beauty.

2 comments:

  1. *chuckles* When it happens, you just can't escape. Enjoy your new friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a piece of this and I love it but boy is it hard to photograph...no way you can show the beautiful color it has in it.

    ReplyDelete