Friday, November 20, 2009

ArtFire anyone?

I've just been wondering something, and was hoping to get a few comments on the subject. Does anyone reading this blog have an ArtFire account?

I opened one maybe a couple of months ago. Two actually. One for my ear wires, and one for my jewelry. I just did the basic free account. I have had zero action over there. I don't know if it's because I don't promote those shops as much as my Etsy shops, or what. I also wonder if you get better exposure if you have the upgraded account. (From what I understand, listings and front page items come up randomly)

I am not prepared to put much more effort into those shops before the end of the year, but I wonder about getting more involved over there. They are just beginning their 2nd year, and I know I wish I had known about Etsy when they first got started. I wonder of the potential that ArtFire may have in the next few years.

Is there another handmade market I should seriously be considering? Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I'm giving Artfire this holiday season. Still only one sale, but I'm not well established in either place yet. We have a pro account and the features are lovely.
    I had NO success at all with Etsy, probably I need to be more outgoing there, but I'm just not feeling it and I continually hate the way I have no control over the cropping of my photos for the shop page.
    http://www.artfire.com/users/intentional_stones

    ReplyDelete