Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Re: Test

Thought I would explain the last post.  I was testing a new app on my phone for blogging.  I didn't like the last one I had.  For some strange reason it would always post the pictures funny.

So, I'm giving this a whirl.  So far, so good.   The pic in the previous post was a not so good phone shot of a custom order I'm working on.  Hopefully I'll be able to share the finished piece some time tomorrow!  The translation from the latin is "love conquers all"  I rather like it.  I may have to use my client's idea again!

I haven't had much time to work this week.  Yesterday I spent three hours at the dentist.  Admittedly, two of those hours were spent just waiting, and only one hour of torture.  All of it was pure hell... But I'm so glad it's over (until next week) and I'm feeling pretty good.  I thought I'd have more pain than I do, so I'm not complaining.

The main reason I wanted a new blogging app is that we are going on vacation!!!!   Yay!  We're flying into San Francisco, staying there for a few days and then driving to Lake Tahoe.  My Mom, Sister, and Nieces are coming to meet us.  I'm super excited!  The high in San Fran is in the 60's and the temps in Tahoe are barely 80 degrees.  I can't wait to get out of this 109 degree heat wave we're experiencing now.  Vacations are always so inspiring.  I'll be armed with my camera and sketch book for when inspiration strikes!

Ok, off to get the girls new bathing suits.  Then to the pool with friends to try them out ;-)  Have a good day all.  Try to stay cool....I know I am!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting - a vacation!!! I'm only a tiny bit jealous ;-)

    That is one of the things I love so much about doing custom orders...I love the fresh perspective that my clients bring to my work. Most recently, a client chose a combination of gemstones that I would never have chosen...but I adore it so much that I'm going to use it in more of my work!

    Happy bathing suit shopping!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I don't envy your heat! So I am glad for you that you get to escape it for a little while :) Hope your teeth don't give you issues whilst your away. There's nothing worse than tooth pain...and I should know!! Enjoy your new app and holiday, you lucky thing you :)

    ReplyDelete