What are you working on?
Why thank you for asking! I have lots to share ;-)
I have a lot of projects going on right now, and a couple that I just finished up. Let's start with my latest completed projects:
Every year before show time, I work on new hand stamped name designs.
I rather like this one a lot!
This was a custom order for a little girl named River, from her God Parents on her Baptism Day.
This necklace is rich in symbolism. The border on the pendant is one I hand stamped and call
"running water". The focal is my interpretation of St. Hans' cross.
St. Hans is a name associated with John the Baptist. His cross is said to represent water. It is also an Infinity symbol. One continuous loop.
On the back, the running water border with a latin phrase "omnia vincit amor"
Love Conquers All (God Mother has a degree in the Classics!)
At the very center a heart with a teeny tiny Christian Cross.
I had a lot of fun making this necklace, and the cross was indeed a challenge!
I am currently working on two ongoing projects.
A special client has asked me to make her some pieces using her stones.
It is proving to be quite a challenge because the stones are so pretty on both sides, they really do need to be set in double sided settings.
Which I've never done before.
And have no idea really how to do it.
My first attempt failed:
The second attempt I decided to do in brass just to save myself on supplies in case I messed up again.
And the brass is left in all it's oxidized glory. I didn't take the time to clean it. I really just wanted to see if my newest idea might work.
And, I think it just might work! Of course it needs a little tweaking, but I think it will be more stable than the first route I was going.
If anyone has any tips, suggestions, comments, whatever, I'd love to hear! I need all the help I can get on this project!
The final thing I am working on is building inventory for my upcoming show in October, and hopefully one in November.
I have this idea to offer several different charms separately and sell build your own charm necklaces.
I have barely scratched the surface as I have all sorts of big plans to make all kinds of charms out of different metals, use different stones....etc, etc...
But each one is a little work of art, and I am having loads of fun at this stage. I just love stamping!
Well, that's what I am working on right now. I hope you get a chance to visit my teamies and see what they are up to as well!
- Esmeralda http://jewelry-by-silverblueberry.blogspot.com/
- Happy Tortoise Designs http://www.happytortoisedesigns.blogspot.com/
- Crow Steals Fire http://crowstealsfire.blogspot.com/
- Contemporary Jewelry by Beatriz Fortes http://cjbf.blogspot.com/
- steph http://stephstargell.com
- Jessica @ Abella Blue http://www.abellablue.com/blog
- Pennee- All Wired Up Jewelry Designs http://www.allwiredupjewelrydesigns.blogspot.com/
- Sylvia Anderson http://www.sylviaanderson.blogspot.com/
- Stacy http://www.formandfunktionaccessories.blogspot.com/
- Mary Anne Karren http://silverpearlmetalworks.wordpress.com/
- Brightstar109 www.brightstar109.blogspot.com
- Amy Nicole Artisan Jewelry Http://Rubymtnbeads.blogspot.com
- Resurrection Silver http://www.resurrectionsilver.blogspot.com
- Kwant Essentials http://kwantessentials.blogspot.com/2011/07/show-and-tell-from-start-to-finish.html
- Kit and Caboodle Shop http://thisartistsjourney.blogspot.com
- Julie http://jamauerer.blogspot.com
- Lilian http://www.girllovesglitter.blogspot.com/
- Autumn Bradley Jewelry Design http://www.autumnbradley.blogspot.com