Monday, December 7, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....



I have been busy, busy, busy since Thanksgiving. My mom arrived on Thanksgiving day for a lovely long visit, and left yesterday at noon. I always enjoy having her here, lots of shopping, visiting and pampering. I do stuff when she's here that I usually don't do. Like getting a luxurious pedicure, having my eyebrows shaped with strings, and too much shopping!

Last Thursday night the girls were in Grapevine's Parade of Lights. My oldest is in a Brownie and her troop had a float. The gracious leaders allowed siblings to ride too. The girls had a great time being in the parade. It was cold but a lot of fun.

Just before my Mom came, Arturo did a little early Christmas shopping for me. Ok, I'll admit it right now. I am totally spoiled. He bought me a propane/oxygen Little Torch set up, a flex shaft, and the coolest four hand soldering set up. Who ever thought the day would arrive that I would be so happy to get tools for Christmas? But I am thrilled! I have managed to set up the torch and actually know how to run it without blowing up my house, have used it a little, but haven't made anything with it yet.

There is one thing after another that NEEDS to be done before Christmas, and I don't want to do any of them. I want to go into my little shop and not come out for awhile. My head is abuzz with ideas and designs that I don't even know if I can make! Is it possible to tell Santa all I want for Christmas is more time? And a maid, a cook, a driver, oh yeah! and a personal assistant would be great.......

No comments:

Post a Comment