Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The trekkiest

A few months ago I discovered that Netflix had all the Star Trek episodes on watch instantly.

I've seen them all before several years ago, but it's been nice seeing them all again.

I started with Enterprise, the last televised series in the franchise. This show went off air way too soon IMHO...





A lot of the time I don't actually watch the episodes, I'm mainly listening to whatever is going on.

After Enterprise I moved on to Deep Space Nine. I think this might be my favorite of all the series. The characters are diverse and complex. Lots of different alien species involved.





Now I'm on the 2nd season of Voyager...





I'm finding myself missing the Deep Space Nine characters.

My family thinks I'm crazy, but I really do love Star Trek. I've tried to get into Dr. Who, but I just don't get it. You'd think a person who finds Star Trek believable could enjoy Dr. Who, but I just don't find it at all believable. Oh well. Different science fiction strokes for different science fiction folks. ;)

I was surprised to read that Dr. Who is the longest running sci fi series. I'll never give up on my Trek though.

Also, in case there is any confusion...












2 comments:

  1. I am such a Trekkie. My favorite by far was Voyager, though I did enjoy Deep Space Nine as well. I actually started watching them with my mom at the tender age of 13! We still love science fiction, there just aren't any really good series out at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to hope that one day my daughters will become Trekkies too! I hope they do another tv series, and I do enjoy the newest movies too. New Spock is a cutie ;)

      Delete