Friday, June 29, 2012

Scattered...

I'm feeling a bit scattered.  I'm trying to make sure I have all my bases covered before vacay begins.  We are lucky to have friends staying in our house while we are gone, so there is one worry taken care of. 

I'm remembering to do things that need to be done as they float to the surface of my harried mind.  I just hope everything that needs to be done decides to pop into my head before we leave and not after!  This is when a list would come in real handy.  By this evening I'll have to break down and make one. 

I managed to get a few pieces  completed this week because no matter what I'm supposed to be doing, I just can't stop making.  It's gotten to where I get this feeling that I need to make something.  So much that I want to make, and not the time to do it.  

I already know I'm going to miss my house and shop so much while we are away.  My home is my haven and my security blanket.  I'm always a little anxious about traveling.  I'm already beginning to switch into survival mode.  I'll be needing the calm that only the Pacific Ocean can give me...

So here is what came out of the shop this week...





sold






All focals cast in Sterling using Sterling metal clay.  I love that stuff!  I gotta admit, I tried the PMC3 with was ok, but I did have concerns about the strength of it.  This Sterling clay fires so well and so completely and is sturdy as can be.  You'd never guess that it was once clay. 

The two top pieces are from a new line I want to do called Strong Angels.  My daughter had Vacation Bible School a few weeks ago, and they named their group the Strong Angels.  I really liked the name, and it totally inspired me.  I'll go into all that later.

Right now I gotta go pick up my girl from pottery wheel class.  All these are listed in my Etsy shop, which will be closing down probably sometime tomorrow! 

Talk to you all soon!   :-)  TGIF

No comments:

Post a Comment