Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blueberry Moon....


Click here to view Blueberry Moon on Etsy
So, I was in the process of finishing these up last night, and had them on at the dinner table. I asked the girls what they thought these rings looked like. Really, I was trying to make sure they could tell that it was a crescent moon. And they both said, "blueberry". I was like, what? A blueberry? Did I really miss the mark that much when making my moon? So I asked my husband, and right away he got the moon, and said that the girls were talking about the moonstone! Duh!

Anyway, I am having fun making these rings. I have another pair of stackers on the table right now that I am trying to breathe life into. And that is really how it is. You take some silver, some fire, various tools, chemicals, and gems. And try to combine it all into something. To make something beautiful out of such a mess never ceases to amaze me.

My Dad loves his birthday present, and right away my Mom made a request for one for a gift for a friend of hers. My Dad was impressed, and that makes me feel good. After all, he does know other metalsmiths that he can compare me to. My Grandfather, and my Uncle were both metalsmiths. But, that is a story for another time.

My oldest daughter is sick. Poor baby, I hate it when they feel yucky. That, and I know it's only a matter of time now before the other one gets it!

I just ordered a butt load of stones. There really is no other way to say it. I spent way too much. It's an illness. It really is. I'm addicted to rocks. Plain and simple. The good news is though, that I won't have a shortage of things to play with!!!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the ring and "blueberry moon" fits is perfectly. Buying stones is a terrible addiction - don't you just love it :-)

    ReplyDelete