Saturday, February 27, 2010

A little something for St. Patrick's Day


I really don't get into St. Patrick's day too much these days. Back in the day it was always a good excuse to drink lots of beer and buy cool green attire. Now a days, I make sure the kids have a little something green and usually forget about myself.

I also don't really want a big ol' shirt that says "Kiss me! I'm Irish!!!" either. So this year, I planned ahead and ordered these really pretty Jade briolettes, in the perfect shade of St. Patrick's Day green. And, because I am so original, I made a little shamrock from sterling silver to go with it. Ahhhhhhhh!

So, I had some Jade beads left over, and decided I should make a cute pair of earrings too. So I found these hammered silver links on my mess of a bench that I made eons ago and never did anything with, and wire wrapped the briolettes. I oxidized all the metal and gave it a lovely brushed finish that is my very favorite antiqued finish.

I also tried a little something new when I photographed these. I'm getting tired of the rocks, so I decided to start experimenting with different props to create visual interest in my photos that isn't distracting from the jewelry.

Anyway..... I'm off to list both of these at AmyNicoles on Etsy!

1 comment:

  1. Your jewellery is lovely - I am glad I stumbled across your blog - have a great day :D

    ReplyDelete