Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Orders completed, packages in the mail, finally cleaning my house, and hoping to find the time to get the yuck out from under my nails.


The yuck is a combination of dark brown spray paint and etching resist. The resist is a black tarry substance that has stained my skin and my nails. My hands are in a horrible state. Between all the working with metal, and the cold weather my hands and nails have taken a serious beating!

My youngest has her school Christmas play tomorrow. My friend at http://foodiewithlittlethyme.blogspot.com and I are in charge of decorations. Scary. Foodie is really talented and creative, and I enjoy working with her. We get along well and have similar likes and dislikes. I'd really like to have my hands and nails looking decent before tomorrow morning, they're getting embarrassing.

I'm finally beginning (after I'm finished here) to clean my poor neglected house. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I want to have everything completely wrapped up by Sunday, so I can spend the entire week with my kids and husband doing nothing but Christmas stuff.

The pic is of my Mom's Christmas present. Don't worry, she doesn't follow my blog, so it won't be spoiled. I know she's going to love it.

I have only one pending order that I am really excited about. It isn't due until January. I have a custom order for 2 sterling silver rings for best friends. One will have a star, and the other a crescent moon. It will be something I have never attempted before, but I really think I can do it. Think? Nay. I KNOW I can do it. I am grateful for the opportunity to spread my creative wings with this commission.

I've got all orders and packages to family and friends in the mail. It feels great! It was dropping that last bubble mailer into the slot at the post office that got me over the hump to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I almost feel like I can just coast now. But not quite. Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment