Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sera Earrings




Click Here for Etsy Listing

I just finished these up last night, took pictures and posted on Etsy today. I first listed them with a boring name. Red Coral Earrings. Blah! I have been trying lately to study my pieces and give them a fitting name.

After spending a couple of hours at the pool with my girls, and reading a new book, I was inspired to name these earring after one of the central characters in the book I am reading. The book is The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar.

A friend and I traded books a few days ago. I mainly read historical biographies, and historical fiction. I love the Tudor era, and read just about anything I can get my hands on about the time period. I don't stray too far off the historical path very often, but I am really enjoying this book so far. I wouldn't have picked it for myself, so I am thankful to have had it pointed out to me as a worthy read.

So here we have the Sera earrings. Wire wrapped with sterling silver wire, and oxidized. The beads are 3mm faceted, dyed red coral beads. They have a bit of an exotic feel to them and I think Sera suits them perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment