Tuesday, May 7, 2013

127/365 seed beads and me





Click for better view

I'm loving exploring color and pattern. They work up pretty quick but I make the necklaces at night when I'm finished with the work of the day and so I allow myself the leisure of beading slowly and deliberately. And each one has a sterling bead on it. I just couldn't make something without at least a touch of silver.





I sent this picture of me to my Mom the other day asking her if she'd wear these necklaces. I'm so in love with them. They are adding color to my usual bland wardrobe.

I've been thinking a lot about the Native Americans and the amazing art they have made with seed beads. I've been doing a little research on the history of seed beads and their connection to Native American artists. It's very interesting, but I'm nerdy like that. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment