Friday, December 24, 2010

Guideposts and Trifles

Winterberry

Huckleberry

Trifle earrings are a little not a lot, but still worth more than a jot.  Perfectly petite pops of color for your lobes...

I have been on a bead and wire wrapping kick. I have all these really lovely beads, and they've just been sitting in their boxes.

So, I combined larger gemstone beads with smaller beads on top. Just a little something. You know...a trifle.

The first two pair I made have reddish "berries" on top. I love that deep red color in the wintertime especially. I'm not sure why. I guess it just goes with the season.

Maize

Fiesta

Watermelon

Then 4 pair of Guidepost earrings. The sterling silver had been acid etched with a random dot pattern, and then I sawed them into different shapes. Such small beacons of light need a riot of color I felt.

I have one more pair coming.  Sometime today.  Maybe.  It's stormy, and I don't know if I'll be able to get good pictures.

I have had a lot of fun with these earrings, but I've wire wrapped so  many beads, that when I close my eyes.  I still see little wire wrapped beads.  And my carpal tunnel is all flared up too.

I think it will be back to smithing for the next shop update!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment