Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The luckiest girl in the world...

I woke up this morning with what I thought was a sinus headache, but soon realized it was a migraine. Now, having a migraine doesn't make me the luckiest girl in the word, but having two daughters (ages 8 and 5) who take care of their momma do.

My heart is full to bursting, and my eyes are moist. My girls fed themselves, cleaned the kitchen (better than I do most times!) made me something to eat, and generally took care of each other for a couple of hours while I battled the nausea, vomiting and excruciating pain. When I woke up after a little doze, I was pleasantly surprised at how well they kept it together.

After a migraine I always feel like a brand new woman. Like the world is fresh and bright and wonderful. Like I could take on the world...it is just so wonderful to be free of the vise gripping my head, that everything in comparison is just...perfection. Another reason I am the luckiest girl in the world, is that I get migraines very infrequently, years in between. And over the counter medication always works for me (once I realize that it is in fact a migraine).

I am feeling so loved, and so special, and so proud. I guess I have done something right that they were able to do all of this. Sometimes as a parent you wonder if you are teaching the things that you need to be. I really am the luckiest girl in the world.....

1 comment: