Saturday, June 12, 2010

I won!


I won this fabulous book bag from the multitalented Amy at ThirtySixTen. She was having a give a way on her blog, and I won!!! I never win anything.

It is my new favorite bag, and it has made quite a few trips with me to the pool filled with a good book and a few other essentials.

In other news, my bathroom flooded yesterday. The little hose thingy broke off the toilet and water was shooting everywhere. Since half of my master bathroom is also my work shop, it flooded as well. Luckily we were home and caught it fairly quickly. None of the stuff in my shop was ruined except for a few magazines I had stored in a pile along with the Rio Catalogs. All in all, it could have been much worse, I am just thanking God that it didn't happen when we were on vacay last week. I've heard horror stories of it happening to someone once. Went on vacation and came home to see water gushing out the side of their house from the top floor. Completely flooded their house.

So now I feel like a real idiot. A friend of mine told me that she always turns off the water to the toilets and the washer before she leaves on vacation. I didn't even think of the washer! And I really should have because I have a friend who that happened to once. Except in her case she started a load of laundry and the washer never stopped filling. Flooded half her house. Spent the next 4 months living in a construction zone. Nightmarish....

So anyway, the moral of my story is....those hose thingy's are like $ 8 a piece at Lowe's. They screw on and off very easily. They take 2 minutes to change. It could save you an afternoon of mopping up water, and ripping up carpet, and watching helplessly as your beautiful wooden floors, that are only 2 years old, wrinkle up like raisins....oh, and shut your water off at the main when you go out of town!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, it's nice. Sorry about your bathroom. My dishwasher did this once but I was home, the problem was the wheel to turn off water to the house had not been turned in decades and by the time I could find a crow bar to help turn it my kitchen was flooded and it was running down the stairs.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete