Monday, February 25, 2013

a little update at ClayOwl



 I just added a few new pieces to our ClayOwl shop on Etsy.   As I am trying to find my way in promoting this shop,  I am trying a couple of different ways of listing these pieces.  My goal is to make beautiful pieces that are very affordable.  Unfortunately now a days affordable also means simple.

I have listed most of these as ready to wear necklaces, but really the focals would be great jazzed up with other beads and things.  For that reason I am also billing them as jewelry components.

This is my first time working with waxed Irish Linen Cording (thanks to Lorelei at Jewelry Accord on Etsy).  It is rather affordable and I love the color it brings.  If a buyer should choose to use these pendants in their own creations, the linen cording will be a bonus that could be incorporated in as well!  And if not, you have a pretty little ceramic necklace to give as a gift or wear yourself.

Needless to say I am still having fun with clay.  I made a trip to a ceramic store in Ft. Worth this past Saturday, and bought more glazes!  I can't wait to try them out.
















All Pendants can be found by clicking here:

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! The texture on that last one is really incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The simple designs are quite pretty and complemented by the linen thread.

    ReplyDelete