Do you guys watch this show on A&E? I discovered it about a week before Thanksgiving. And I gotta say I am head over heels for this family.
Getting older has it's advantages in that you begin to really understand things. Things about yourself, and things about other people. My personality is such, that often I either like something. Or I don't. I don't have a lot of gray area room. I can also get a bit obsessive.
Needless to say, I am obsessed with this show. I really love it a lot. I've done some analyzing, and I think I've figured it out.
1) A strong family unit. This is something I really think is great. I always fall in love with shows that have strong families.
2) They are good ol fashioned Red Necks, and don't give a hoot what everyone else thinks of them. I come from a long line of Red Necks. For years I ran from it, trying to be someone I used to perceive as being classy. Don't get me wrong. I am still a big proponent of social propriety. This family just makes me realize that you can be a clean living educated red neck and that's ok.
3) Their Faith. They believe in Jesus Christ and they ain't afraid to tell you. Do you know I read an article online that the production company used to cut out all references they made to Jesus? That to spice up the first episode, they purposely threw in a couple of "beeps" so it would appear that Willie and Korie were cursing? I guess Jesus doesn't sell and cursing does. The later episodes do keep in the references to Jesus, and shows the whole family praying before meals. Guess what? Faithful Family Fun does sell!!! Who knew??? ;)
4) Mostly, I can watch this show with my kids. Phil is a dirty old man, and makes a few lewd comments. I just preview before I watch it with the girls, and if Phil gets to talking about taking Ms. Kay to the back room we skip it.
5) It is pure comic relief. I laugh my butt off watching this show. And let's be honest. Lately there hasn't been much reason for laughter. Sometimes you just have to forget about the cares of the world and just laugh.
The clip above is with Si and Jase. These two are my favorites.....I die with laughter!